Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Adventures in the Toyota Avalon

Once again, I embarked on yet another Toyota Adventure!
This time, I hit the streets of metro Atlanta in a shiny blue Avalon Hybrid!

Okay...
It's official...
I am head-over-heels in love with hybrid vehicles!
After the Prius v and now the Avalon... I am 1000% SOLD!
(yes, the extra zero was intentional)

Seriously, to be able to do my daily to-and-from school runs and shopping errands, meetings at client sites, some out-of-the-way excursions which included a trip to the outlet malls for a whole week and barely use a 1/4 tank of gas?
Dude!
It is all about the Hybrid!

Now, I've been driving some sort of SUV-ish type vehicle for the past... oh... 15 years or so.
Sedans are usually not my thing.
I've been lulled into a sense of believing that they do not have enough space for me, my kids, and the crap that accompanies us.
It's like being able to see my trunk in the rear-view mirror somehow brings me peace.
(eyeroll... shrug)
To be fair, when I was hauling around car seats, strollers, pack-n-plays, and other infant/toddler apparatus it was warranted.
Now... not so much.
And I've already mentioned how completely un-sexy my minivan is... even when it's clean.

The Avalon is the epitome of affordable and practical luxury.

Now, I wouldn't go on a extra-long roadtrip with more than two people with large suitcases (if you catch what I'm tossing) but it's comfortable, spacious, and gorgeous... inside and out.
It can go from Mommy to Mami quite seamlessly, if I do say so myself.

And it's fun to drive!
The Sport mode turns any curvy road into the Autobahn and because it's a Hybrid, it doesn't drain the gas tank.
I was also pleased to see that switching back to Regular or Eco mode did not feel like driving with my butt-cheeks clenched!

All in all, I'd have to say, my third Toyota Adventure was a charm!
Until the next one...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?