Thursday, March 14, 2013

Il Dolce Far Niente (The Sweetness of Doing Nothing)

The phone is silent.
No rings... no dings... no buzzings.
No numbers in little red circles or squares indicating that something... or many somethings need to be addressed.
The calendar is clear.

I barely know what to do with myself... because I should be doing something... shouldn't I?

The answer is yes.
The answer is no.

I should do something for me.
Maybe the something I should do for me is nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

It sounds so sweet.
It sounds so sinful.
So selfish.
So indulgent.
So very necessary.

I deserve a break.
If only I could take it guilt-free...

2 comments:

  1. I just spent 45 days away from social feeds. I only participated in two FB groups and shared my personal links. It was wonderful! It was hard at first because I felt like I was missing out. I got over it. I feel like I have a better perspective of the internet now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing about a year ago but I cut off everything... including email... it was a wonderful and cleansing experience!

      Delete

Your Thoughts?