Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cirque Du Soliel's TOTEM - A Smorgasbord for My Senses And Soul

Last week,  I had the pleasure of attending a performance of Cirque du Soleil's TOTEM and it was nothing short of spectacular.  You'd be crazy to expect anything less from a Cirque show.

Ever been to a Cirque show?
Well, let me tell you, it is a thrill ride designed to grab hold of your entire being and dazzle you from beginning to end.

It's been well over a decade since I've experienced Cirque du Soleil.  My last time was in Vegas in the theater at the Treasure Island hotel... the show, Mystere.  Yes, it was effin' awesome but there is definitely something to be said about seeing a Cirque performance the way I saw Totem.
Totem takes place under a giant "big top" tent pitched right outside Atlantic Station and you truly get an authentic and deeply intimate circus experience.  Every inch of the space used and every seat in the house is up-close-and-personal.  The audience is truly a part of the action.

Those of you know me, can understand how positively orgasmic Totem is for me as it combines everything I love... intoxicating music, pageantry of color and light,  amazing choreography combinations of dance and death-defying acrobatics.
(the hot muscular guys were a bonus too)
A smorgasbord for my senses and soul.
And while I can sometimes be prone to exaggeration... trust me... I. Am. NOT!

Getting to go backstage after the performance was a real treat too!
Seeing where the performers hang out and work out before, during and after performances...
Seeing all the props and hand-made costumes...
Did you know that the performers do all of their own make up?  And the preferred brand is MAC!
Cirque scours the globe to find the best performance artists for their shows... many of them are former olympians! How's that for a second act to your athletic career!

Seriously, if Totem comes to your city, you HAVE to see it!
Totem is in Atlanta through December 30th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?