Monday, October 8, 2012

Why I Will Always Love Blogalicious (and my recap of #Blogalicious12)

Once again Blogalicious proves itself to be THE go-to blogging/social media conference. 

To be honest, I don't even want to call it that anymore.
I doubt anyone who attended does either.
It has grown to be so much more than just a blogging/social media conference… as we have grown to be so much more than just bloggers.
We are entrepreneurs, marketers, media moguls with multiple streams of income.
We are informed and entertaining storytellers. With our influence we inspire.
We bypassed being just bloggers so long ago just as Blogalicious bypassed being just a blogging conference after the first year.

I have attended Blogalicious three out of four years and it just keeps getting better and better.



Here are some of the things I like best about Blogalicious in general and about this year's Vegas throw-down:
  • As with all blogging/social media conferences, there are always sessions dedicated to getting started in and maintaing your presence in the digital space. Blogalicious has always successfully balanced those sessions with ones that nurture and empower the inner spirit of the woman/man behind the enterprise. 
  •  I love how we always eat breakfast and/or lunch as a group. It fosters a sense of community and an opportunity to create new connections and/or deepen ones you already have. I made it a point to sit with new people at least once every day. 
  • Blogalicious always has some of the best sponsors who you can tell have done their homework on how to engage with this audience. They always have fun and extremely interactive activities and parties that make shouting out their brand like second nature. And the "swag"… out of all the conferences I have attended over the past four years, I can say with confidence that I return home with the most useful parting gifts for me and my kids. 
  • While the W in Atlanta (2009) and the Ritz Carlton in Miami (2010) were stellar locations, for me the Red Rock was absolutely spectacular! It is nothing short of a beautiful and luxurious desert oasis. 
  • The food this year was off the chain! Not only was it absolutely delicious, but very healthy as well. I loved being constantly well-fed morning, noon, and night with snacks and bottomless cocktails in between! 
Blogalicious is more like an invigorating retreat than a conference.
I always get a renewed sense of purpose each time I attend and this year was no different.
Hats off to Stacy and Nyasha (the founders) for once again outdoing themselves with this event.

Bring on #Blogalicious13!

3 comments:

  1. Yet another great Blogalicious review I've read...I definitely have to make it out next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! So glad we finally connected, see you around the innawebs ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts?