Monday, September 10, 2012

"Own Your Awesomeness!" - My Session at the Womens Emotional Wellness Conference

By now it is no secret that part of my mission in life is to use social media to help myself and others be flawless and to do epic shit.  I love when I get the opportunity to do it in a big way!

I'm so pleased to share with you my session from the Women's Emotional Wellness Conference hosted by my friend, Akilah Richards (Execumama).

I've often struggled with owning my own "awesomeness"... that is looking at myself in the mirror and liking...no loving what I see and who I am.   Knowing that everything I have ever done and everything I am doing now... professionally and personally... was/is good... and good enough.  Believing in my own hype.  That the compliments and kudos I receive are accepted...because I agree with them.

Yes, this is hard.  Especially when you are comparing yourself to others or setting the bar unreasonably high for yourself. Trying to fit into a mold that was not made...nor meant for you.

So... how do we own our awesomeness?  Take a look...


The Women's Emotional Wellness Conference is going on all September long!
Click HERE to see all of our amazing and empowering speakers!

3 comments:

  1. wow! that's amazing - I have felt the same way and struggled with inadequacies for soo long! Thanks for the transparency! It's a daily struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there. I really enjoyed this post. I am slowly learning to accept myself flaws and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine! It is a work in progress and I already know you are fabulously flawless!

      Delete

Your Thoughts?