Sunday, November 30, 2014

Confession: I'm Thankful For Being A Bad Blogger

For the past three days, I've been thinking... "I need to write a Thanksgiving post."
After all... that's what I'm sure every blogger I know (and tons more that I don't) has done by now.
They even wished the world a Happy Thanksgiving via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and God knows where else...
But I didn't.
I'm a bad blogger.
And that is what I am most thankful for this year.

I get that you've got your head cocked in confusion like Scooby Doo, so allow me to explain, if I can.

I don't mean that I'm a "bad blogger" in terms of writing capabilities.  I mean it in terms of "duty to the title."  As in doing what's needed (or expected of me) to remain visible, relevant, popular, and/or even just interesting on my blog (and on social media networks, by extension).

I may haven't been completely "bad," per se... but I haven't exactly been good either.

So why am I grateful for being a bad blogger?
Because, it's made me good in other aspects of my life.
Very good, in fact.

I've lost a lot being a bad blogger...
But I've gained so much more...
An abundance of clarity, newly discovered strength,  and a somewhat renewed sense of purpose that I am excited to take with me into a new year.
(more on this at another time... this conversation is far from over)

Well... this IS still somewhat a Thanksgiving post... and it IS on my blog...
So for the sake of tradition, here we go...

I am very thankful for my family and their continued love and support. So extremely thankful for my two wonderful and amazingly talented children.  I'd like to specifically mention my beautiful mother who uprooted herself from Maryland last year and moved to Georgia. There are no words to express my gratitude for her physical presence in our daily lives.

I am thankful for my friends... especially my off-line friends... those that I feel that I unintentionally abandoned over the years due to my chosen profession (among other things).  This year I have been more connected to them than ever and I'm so grateful that despite my neglect, our friendship is as strong as it ever was.

I am thankful for my position with CWI Team.  The opportunity to work with them is a continuous blessing that I cannot thank God enough for.

I'm thankful for those who still believe I am a "good blogger" (kind of like a kid who wants to believe that Santa is real, but deep down knows the truth) Your confidence in me as well as every bone thrown in my direction is overwhelmingly appreciated.

Yes, the winds of change are a-blowing once again...
For the first time, the overwhelming sense of fear does not accompany it and I am thankful for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?