Friday, March 8, 2013

Oz Is Most Definitely Great And Powerful!

I can't tell you how much I love getting the opportunity to screen movies and share the experience with you.  It's one of my favorite aspects of this profession... especially when it's really good...

Okay, I'm going to try to keep this brief because I seriously cannot say enough about this movie!
Have I told you lately how much I just effin' LOVE Disney??
Seriously!  The powerhouse has done it again!
If you have enjoyed any of their "big" movies like Alice In Wonderland (the Johnny Depp one)...
Oz the Great and Powerful will absolutely blow you away!

This movie is nothing short of AWESOMESAUCE!
And I am really putting it mildly because it is nearly impossible to put into words.
If you are are an Oz fan... that is digging anything that has to do with yellow brick roads and emerald cities, then you will love it.

If you are a fan of art, photography, graphics, visual affects, and magic, traveling to the land of Oz will make you weak in the knees and weep with delight.
This film is absolutely gorgeous!  Everything about it is just stunning.  Even the wind-blown chaos of Kansas is beautiful.

And BIG!
This film is HUGE!!
It surrounds you...engulfs you...sucks you in... and that was without IMAX!

I do highly recommend you see it in 3D... I can't imagine getting the same gripping effect on a regular screen.  You probably could... but don't!
Seriously, see it in 3D... just for the opening credits alone!
No lie, they could have ended the film right there and I would have given it a standing ovation!

I will say that the pageantry of the film way overshadows the acting, but that's not a bad thing.
The story is very good.  There were some unexpected elements and pleasant surprises that I am SO thankful the trailers have not revealed... yet.

If you have small children... say under the age of 10 and prone to nightmare-ish tendencies that will certainly land them in the bed with you... leave them home for this one.
I do want my kids to see it, but the big screen and definitely 3D is WAY too much.
There were moments when the adults screamed out... just sayin'.
I recommend waiting for the DVD when they can see it in the comfort of your home and you can control the screen size and mood lighting.

Another action-packed, slam-dunk, thrill-ride, my friends...
You will not be disappointed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?