Friday, June 22, 2012

Be "BRAVE"...Just Go See It!

Well...chalk up another slam-dunk for Disney and Pixar.
"Brave" is delightfully entertaining and I definitely recommend seeing it on the big screen.  3D is good too, but not completely necessary.  You can still get the full effect without it.

I'm keeping this review short and sweet because anything I'd like to say about it, would really spoil it too much.  There is an unexpected twist to the story and I am SO glad the commercials and trailers have not alluded to it...yet...and I really hope they don't.

I'm really digging how Disney has changed directions with their female characters...turning them from damsels in distress to true heroines with strength, purpose, and confidence.  Brave's main character, Merida, has definitely earned her place along side Mulan, Tiana, and Rapunzel...redefining what it is to be a "princess."  I effin' love it!

UGH! I want to say more, but I don't want to spoil it for you!
So I'll just say this...
If you are a mom and you have a daughter between...say...10 and 15 years old...see this movie together.
#thatisall

Oh wait...one more thing...
In my opinion, this movie is a little "too much" for kids under 7...especially in 3D.  The reaction I saw from the smaller kiddies at the premier left me believing that they will be sleeping with their parents for a month!  You have been warned...

4 comments:

  1. The first 30 minutes or so had me pumped up like no other but once that big twist in the story happens, it all goes downhill from there. However, kids will love the heck out of this film and you can’t go wrong with them. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it went downhill but I feel you. I had something else completely in mind and I kind of wish it had stayed on that course or at least still let it run along side the "twist" a bit more. Thanks for stopping by and commenting...I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. CHRISTIE!!!! I am totally and utterly in love with BRAVE. It was a fantastic movie.Isn't Merida the cutest. It's such a wonderful story for mothers and daughters. And you are right. My 3 year old did not enjoy the movie as much. He hid his face for most of the movie. But my older ones enjoyed it thoroughly. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and Merida...we got a lot in common! LOL! My kids weren't with me when I saw it and I am SO glad! I would have had to take Jackson out on a stretcher! LOL! Always great to hear from you, Krystal! :)

      Delete

Your Thoughts?