Thursday, February 9, 2012

Doing It Right Wrong (Project #Flawless12 Days 8 and 9)

You're doing it wrong!
I cannot tell you how many times I've heard that!
The funny thing is...whatever it was I was supposedly doing wrong, always got the right result. Sooooo...if the end result is correct... then how the hell am I doing it wrong?

Day 8 of #Flawless12 is taking what be believe to be our worst feature and describing it as our best.  Day 9 is describing something ordinary that you do in an extraordinary way.  I will sum them both up in something I shared with the #Flawless12 Subscribers...

I am a "special" person. 
I have a numeric dyslexia-type-thing...thank goodness for phones that save numbers.
I have a processing problem...meaning that I do not readily comprehend what I read right away...it takes me a minute.
I have diagnosed Adult ADHD...and my "H" is not hyperactivity, it's anxiety.
Along with all of that, I am a non-traditionalist to the bone!
I don't do ANYTHING like everyone else...like so-called normal people.
In fact, I can't!
It's not a choice.
I mean, who would choose to be difficult?
Traditional and ordinary methods of execution for the simplest of tasks can sometimes be very difficult...overwhelming...for me.
I HAVE to do things in a way that make sense for me.
Most of the time, they make no sense to other people.
I'm always told I'm doing it wrong...or that's not a good way...or "all you have to do is just ____"
But I always get the job done.
Shouldn't that be the only thing that matters?

This is the first time I've ever disclosed all of the above publicly...talk about flaunting my flaws, eh?

1 comment:

  1. This project flawless is such a great idea! With 5 kids, I quickly learned none of them learn the same way. My son had the most difficult time, and I made it my mission to find a way that he could learn without teachers telling him it was wrong.

    Go ahead, flaunt your flaws. Hey, that sounds like a t-shirt! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts?