Friday, January 20, 2012

Wine...WiFi...Why, Yes! (#WriteSpace: Why I Love Wine Cellars)

Writing always seems to go a little better with wine.  Whenever I've had the occasion to relax and do some uninterrupted writing, I'd swing by The Wine Cellars...another one of Smyrna's hidden treasures... and grab a bottle of whatever Renee recommends.

writing with wine at the winecellars
Renee, the owner, is truly amazing.  In the five or six years of my patronage, she's never steered me wrong.  Her recommendations are always on point.  She and the rest of her staff make a point to get to know their customers by name and taste/preference.  She knows what I like but she also knows how to get me to step outside my comfort zone.

In the last year or so (maybe more), this quaint little shop nestled in the rear of Smyrna's Market Village has grown from a "very-convenient-wine-and-gift-store-to-pop-in-on-your-way-home-or-out-to-a-party" to a place to relax, enjoy friends, and for me...to write.

Renee transformed the back half of the space into a wine bar with lounge seating and bistro tables.  Wine is sold by the glass and there is WiFi.  Can you say "had me at hello?"

You are reading this post on your screen now, but when I originally wrote it, it was written by hand while sitting and sipping a glass of Jam Jar sweet shiraz, an awesome South African wine Renee poured when I asked her to "surprise me."  Assistant Manager, Stephen (who I adore and who is equally wonderful with recommendations), set a bowl of "munchies" before me and soft sounds of jazz soothed me as I mused in my journal.

Can you see why this is and ideal #WriteSpace?

If your travels ever take you past downtown Smyrna (booming metropolis that it is) you must stop by The Wine Cellars.  If you need some incentive, there are FREE wine tastings every Saturday, 2:00-4:00pm, but really...any day is a good day to go. Tell Renee and Stephen I said "hello."

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderfully amazing place to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for sharing!! I will definitely stop by. Smyrna really does have some gems for writers. I love REV and their comfortable seats!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts?