Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Playing with My #Foodie at #TECHMunch Atlanta

Contrary to popular belief (that is...my appearance and my Instagram) I am the furthest thing from a foodie.
Food and I have a very strange love/hate relationship... which is a story for another time.
So you can imagine my surprise when I was asked to speak at TECHmunch, a Food Blogger's social media conference!

While I know they didn't ask me to speak because I am so entrenched in the food blogging community, it was strange because for the first time, I was speaking to a group that I felt had little to no connection to... aside from being a blogger, in general.

I could not have been more wrong!

I was in a room full of the most amazingly creative people I've ever met!
Some of them well seasoned in their endeavors.
Others hungry for the knowledge to get them started on their journey.
Everyone with insatiable appetites for success.

Clearly, these are my people!

I was there to share my knowledge of social media practices and Google Plus with them, but I, too, learned so much from them.

I also learned something about myself...
I am a FOODIE!
But not in the "traditional" sense of what we commonly perceive a foodie to be.

I could be in a spectacular restaurant... with the most amazing food yet what goes in my belly is not what fills me up.
I am nourished by creativity, camaraderie, and conversation.
The passion that overflows from someone sharing their concept or craft or just what makes them feel alive is a delicious smorgasbord that I could feast on for hours.
Where we are and what we are eating just illustrates the narrative.
And if that illustration is an intricate part of the passion... then it will be the best meal I've ever had... until the next one, of course.

The #TECHmunch experience also reminded me... or shall I say reaffirmed that I am where I am supposed to be doing what I am supposed to do...and how very blessed I am to be able to say that.

I think I'll just let us all marinate on that for dessert!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?